CCS is proud to announce the expansion of our Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) program to include a wider breadth of opportunities catering to K-12 students.
Dance courses including ballet, jazz, tap, and hip-hop - will soon be available to all K-12 students. Classes are available after school five days a week and are located conveniently on our own campus.
In addition, a filmmaking course will launch soon, teaching students of all ages the skills of videography, editing, and showcasing their creations at a CCS Film Festival. Finally, our official K-8 Theater Program will embark on its second annual Spring Musical.
Visual and Performing Arts
At Capital Christian School, students are offered many opportunities to discover and develop their artistic talents from a Christian world view. Starting in preschool and continuing through 12th grade, the visual and performing arts offerings include instruction in areas such as drawing, design, painting, sculpture, mixed media, photography, speech, drama, choir, vocal ensemble, choreography, musical theater, and band.
Each year CCS students are recognized for their artistic abilities at local art, band, and choir competitions as well as performing in outstanding plays, musicals and concerts throughout the year. For more grade specific information, please visit the Visual and Performing Arts area for each campus.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Crocker Youth Art Month 2020 1st Place (La Danza Azteca, by Julisa Lopez) and 2nd Place (Tribute to SAMO, by Caroline Valdez) for High School
- California Art Educators Ruth Jansen High School Senior Scholarship Winner 2020 (Julisa’s piece for Youth Art Month above)
- Crocker High School Portrait Show 2020 and 2021 (Images on Shared Drive)
- ACSI Art Festival Best of Show each year we have entered 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Unsung Hero International Art Competition Finalist each year we have entered (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- ACSI Command Performance - 2010, 2011, 2012
- 2014 1st Place Music in the Parks – Sea World San Diego
- Numerous 1st chair selections for Nor Cal ACSI Honor Band and Honor Symphony
- ACSI Musicale Command Performance—Choir
- ACSI Musicale Command Performance—Vocal Ensemble
- ACSI Musicale Command Performance—Grant Hovander
- Choir and Ensemble Pancake Breakfast—great turn out with over 28 vendors
- Ensemble at Community Women’s Christmas Celebration
CCS is excited to announce dance classes for ALL K-12 students! Each class will be taught by an experienced dance instructor from the Sacramento area. Students will enjoy weekly instruction located conveniently here on our campus and will end with a recital of their performance.
* * * SIGN UP MONTHLY * * *
- Monthly non-refundable payments are due by the 5th of each month in order to participate.
- Payments must be made manually every month online.
- There are no pro-rated/partial month options available at this time.
- A sibling discount is available for immediate family members.
For further information, please contact Martin Noufer: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring:
- 3:15-4:00 (K-2)
- 4:00-4:55 (3-5)
- 3:15-4:00 (6-8)
- 4:00-4:55 (9-12 beg.)
- 5:00-5:55 (9-12 intermediate / Adv.)
We understand your choice of school is critical.
Here is a free resource to help you make the right decision for your child.